We recommend our readers purchasing property in Spain download Smart Currency Exchange’s free guide “Three essential steps to buying property abroad” guide to help you on throughout your purchase.
This guide explains the three essential resources recommended by Smart Currency Exchange for the safe and successful purchase of your dream property in Spain – and helps to ensure your process is easy and efficient. These steps, which are particularly important before and during a viewing trip, are:
- A good, trustworthy agent
- An independent solicitor
- A currency exchange specialist
What make these so important?
- Your good, trustworthy estate agent will be the most important ingredient in a successful property purchase – finding the right estate agent for you will ensure you do not waste time looking at properties that you cannot afford or that do not fulfil all your requirements.
- An independent solicitor will help you to navigate the often lengthy and complex process in a country that you are not familiar with – with different laws and a new language; it also ensures that you have someone on your side throughout the process.
- A currency exchange specialist will work with you when you transfer your funds overseas, ensuring you can get the best of the fluctuating currency rates – minimising your risk and maximising your savings.
These three resources are known at Smart Currency Exchange as the ‘Golden Three’; the three critical pieces of the property buying puzzle. Their free guide offers you assistance to ensure you get the best out of these - and also includes relevant information about what you should expect before, during and after your property viewing trip, as well as some ideas to help you set your objectives for you plans – and a checklist to help you on your way.
Smart Currency Exchange Ltd is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Payment Services Regulations 2009 (FRN 504509) for the provision of payment services. Smart Currency Exchange Ltd is authorised and regulated by HM Revenue and Customs under the MLR no. 12198457. The information in this report is provided solely for international purposes and should not be regarded as a recommendation to buy or sell. All information in this report is obtained from sources believed to be reliable and we make no representation as to its completeness or accuracy.